Sunning on the beach or poolside and watching the sunlight play across the water is as active as some Spring Breakers want to get.
Others just want to be lulled to sleep by the sounds of waves lapping the beach. And there are those who want to choose which nightclubs or beach parties they’d like to attend, not necessarily be surrounded by it 24/7.
Spring Break is first and foremost equated with single college students ready to party, yet they aren’t the only ones who go on road trips during Spring break. Students in a relationship may opt for a romantic getaway for two. Families also plan vacations during this time as a reward for their college student. Add to this list, teachers and families of K-12 grades use their road trip planners to create a fun family getaway during this time.
THE FOLLOWING SAFETY TIPS PROVIDE SOUND ADVICE FOR ANY ROAD TRIP PLANNER.
* Make sure all buckles in the backseat work.
* Take turns driving and switch drivers every two hours.
* Passengers riding shotgun have the extra responsibility of keeping the driver alert (yes, even if the others in the back seat get to snooze!).
* Check that everyone has their driver’s license and that the vehicle registration is in the glove compartment before departure.
* Ideally, someone in your group should belong to AAA or another Roadside Assistance membership. It’ll save everyone time and money if car trouble develops during the trip.
FIRST, WE HIT THE BEACHES
* SOUTH BEACH, FLORIDA – Overall, Florida is hands down, the favored Spring Break destination for road trip planners and this long section of Miami Beach is one of the reasons why. One can walk on the beach literally for miles!
* KEY WEST, FLORIDA – Probably a bit too pricey for most college budgets, but oh, those beaches are pretty!
* SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – The water won’t be as warm as in Florida but rumor has it the sun shines there all the time (and it’s true… 75% of the time :o)
THEN THERE’S THOSE ROMANTIC HIDEAWAYS
* SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, TEXAS – This island is in the Gulf of Mexico and just north of the northeastern border of Mexico. It’s been a popular Spring break destination for college students and other tourists. Resorts and condominiums are strewn along the lovely coastline.
* KONA, BIG ISLAND, HAWAII – While Honolulu is good for families and Waikiki in particular, is great for night clubs, the Big Island has a more relaxed atmosphere where most of your activities will take place during the day followed by a lovely sunset dinner. Of course, Waikiki will have tons more bars, but you’ll still find them scattered throughout town here.
* SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA – Dry sun and an abundance of spas make this a great destination for a road trip planning couple. You’ll find an eclectic mix here, as evidenced by Old Town, which is flanked on the north end by the West’s premier fashion shopping mall, Scottsdale Fashion Square , at the corner of Scottsdale and Camelback Roads. This mall offers wonderful shopping experiences, with more than 15 restaurants and anchor stores Neiman Marcus. More than 500 specialty stores are also a part of this desert shopping oasis.
* FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA – Once upon a time, more than 350,000 college students descended on Fort Lauderdale during Spring Break, but the city changed its party laws in the mid-80s and enforced the minimum drinking age so now only about 20,000 come, making this a good place for couples who want nice beaches and great views.
HERE COME THE FAMILY HOT SPOTS
* ORLANDO, FLORIDA – One of the favorites among road trip planners because of the multitude of activities available there. We recommend getting the Go Orlando Card which gives you unlimited admission to over 50 central Florida attractions, including the Kennedy Space Center, Splash Island Water Park, Daytona USA and more!
* HONOLULU, HAWAII – Because of the sheer number of hotels in the Honolulu area, budget-minded families can pick up a good deal here. The beach at Waikiki is a great spot for the whole family because there’s a near-shore break for the kids, while more experienced swimmers surf the waves further out.
* DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA – Once also a major Party Town, Daytona followed Fort Lauderdale’s example and now it’s known as a beautiful place for couples and families.
OF COURSE, WE CAN’T FORGET THE FAVORITE PARTY TOWNS – Just book your hotel a few miles away from the heavy traffic areas and choose to relax one day, party the next.
CANCUN, MEXICO – Known as the Riviera Maya, an excellent place for fun in the sun and under the night sky.
OCHO RIOS, JAMAICA – Montego Bay is actually the most popular destination in Jamaica, but Ocho Rios is a close second. Located on the Northern Coast, it’s a great area for scuba diving and other water sports.
So go ahead, whether you’re a student, teacher, a couple or a parent, you deserve this break. Who says road trip planners can’t have their Spring Break cake and eat it too?
Source by David Reichman