One of the more popular vacation destinations, and one of the most popular spring break destinations, is South Padre Island. This destination is a small resort community that is built on what is called a barrier island and sits just off the Texas coast in the Gulf of Mexico. The area is famous for its long beaches, tourist attractions, and is also host to the South Padre International Music Festival. There are many things that keep travelers coming back time and time again to visit the island, and for good reason. The community and it’s surroundings truly offers something for everyone.
Here are five things that you must do when traveling to South Padre Island , Texas:
1. Sea Turtle, Inc. – For a great opportunity to learn about sea turtles and what humans can do to reserve them, visit Sea Turtle, Inc. A nice hands-on wildlife attraction that is great fun for the entire family. This is a very informative, economically priced, and unusual way to spend some quality time on South Padre Island.
2. Island Equestrian Center – Many vacation destinations offer the chance to participate in a trail ride. Riding horses can be a very family friendly activity, especially for novice riders as they learn together. This is not your normal hike ride though, taking advantage of the services of Island Equestrian Center means that visitors will be riding their horses along beautiful beaches, a one of a kind experience.
3. Breakaway Cruises – When travelers come to South Padre Island and want to experience some of the best natural wonders in the area, they should definitely look into Breakaway Cruises. Offering dolphin watching tours, snorkeling opportunities, and more, Breakaway Cruises is the perfect excursion to top off this glorious trip.
4. Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark – One of the most popular attractions on the island is Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark. At this full featured waterpark, visitors can experience many different rides while never leaving the water. There are slow floating rides, thrilling water coasters, and even the opportunity to surf on man made waves. Nobody leaves Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark disappointed.
5. Laguna Madre Nature Trail – One of the nicest areas to go for a walk, the Laguna Madre Nature Trail is a 1,500 foot long board walk that crosses over acres of marshland. See the birds and other natural features of the area with a whole new perspective.
South Padre Island offers both secluded areas of beach where visitors to the area can enjoy time away from the hustle and bustle of real life as well as a very vibrant nightlife that visitors can experience. The city is known for being able to entertain visitors of all types with a great number of things to do. A visit to this tourist destination will leave almost any traveler extremely satisfied with their choice. The community and the surrounding area is a fantastic region to explore. The area has everything needed to make for wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.